Kyle Boswell, originally from Towcester Northampton, is a musician in his own right like many…
When I was created in 1963 Gerry and the Pacemakers was number one with I Like It, and bloody Manchester United had won the FA Cup, so things could only get better for me,
Music was always a big part of my life, but the first records that I had were by T Rex, Slade, The Osmond’s and David Bowie. 1973 was a great year: Sunderland won the FA Cup, Glam Rock was massive and I had a Chopper bike! Could life get any better? Fast forward four years 1977 PUNK ROCK, yes life could get better. I fell in love with the music, the fashion, John Peels show, gigs and I left prison, (I mean school), In 1979 I ran away with punk rock and lived happily ever after!
I was a roadie for Nuneaton rock legends Firebrand and started putting gigs on at The Crown, (in Nuneaton), in the early to mid 80s. I drove GBH to Holland for gigs, became Raggity Anne’s booking & road manager, started putting gigs on at The Caddy Club (Nuneaton), which became one the venues bands at the time bands really wanted to play – from the new emerging UK punk scene. I became Effervescent’s manager, toured with Less Than Jake, Teen Idols and Allister, and I have been very lucky to have met so many great bands and great people – many of who I am still friends with to this day. I first meet my wife at a gig, so I think you can tell after reading this that I quite like my music!
PUNKS NOT DEAD, WE JUST STAND AT THE BACK NOW !!!!!
Top 10 Punk Albums
1. Sex Pistols – Never Mind The Bollocks
2. Ramones – Leave Home
3. The Clash – The Clash
4. GBH – City Baby Attacked By Rats
5. Toy Dolls – Dig That Groove Baby
6. Anti-Nowhere League – We Are The League
7. Dropkick Murphy’s – Blackout
8. The Wildhearts – Earth vs The Wildhearts
9. Bombshell Rocks – Cityrats and Alleycats
10. The Apers – You are Only As Strong As The Table You Dance On
Top 5 Albums
1. Bob Dylan – Blonde on Blonde
2. Slade – Slayed?
3. Carter USM – The Love Album – 1992
4. Ian Hunter – Ian Hunter
5. Bruce Springsteen – The River