Through an interventionist route I found myself in the 60’s, succumbing immediately to an illness…
Kyle Boswell, originally from Towcester Northampton, is a musician in his own right like many other Djs here at The Crew Rock Radio. Although he started singing from a young age he picked up an instrument relatively late at the age of 14 after listening to the likes of Arctic Monkeys and Green Day getting into the national charts. Six months later he was playing his first gigs.
After playing in local band The Shards from the age of 15 Kyle moved to Bath to study Commercial Music at University. It is here where he co-founded Indie Rock band Ninook. For three years Ninook played many shows through Somerset and took part in a UK tour to Coincide with the release of their Studio EP The Night Is Young which ended with a sold out show at the O2 academy Bristol.
After University Kyle moved back to Nuneaton where he has been gigging as a solo artist ever since.
Kyle’s genre of interest is Indie/Alternative Rock as someone who grew up when that music was dominating the charts during the noughties. Apart from Arctic Monkeys he also enjoys the music of bands such as The Strokes, The Enemy and the View but also likes to jump back in time with the occasional Joy Division track.
His top 10 Albums, in no particular order are:
1. Arctic Monkeys – Whatever people say I am, that’s what I’m not
2. The View – Hats off to the buskers
3. The Kooks – Inside in/Inside out
4. Green Day – Bullet in a bible (I know its cheating as it’s a live album but I don’t care)
5. Snow Patrol – Final Straw
6. Muse – Origin of Symmetry
7. The Last Shadow Puppets – The age of the understatement
8. Kings of Leon – Only by the night
9. Fall out Boy – From under the cork tree
10. Stereophonics – Just enough education to perform