After being put on hiatus Austrian Death Machine are back with a brand-new release after…
When it comes to covers albums by metal bands, they never usually disapoint and the new album by German Industial rockers Lord Of the Lost certainly does not disappoint!
Entering Eurovision 2023 in Liverpool they put on an amazing performance of Blood and Glitter and despite finishing last kept their heads held high and in my personal opinion, they were robbed!
Their latest album “WEAPONS OF MASS SEDUCTION” gives us a incite into the music that inspired them and continues to inspire them to this day! With amazing covers done from artists the like of Michael Jackson, Ultravox and Billy Idol. This album gives you a look into what styles influenced them into their unique sound they give us today.
The album begins hard with the fast pace cover of Billy Idols shock to the system which was their first release off the album. The song defiantly makes you want to get up and dance, throwing shapes like nobody is watching. Chris’s vocals are perfect when it comes to keeping up the iconic style Mr. Idol put in each one of his songs.
One thing that surprised me on this album was the cover of Bronksi Beats famous song “Small Town Boy”. Previously I had heard plenty of covers and nothing had been able to stand up to Paradise Lost’s cover of the song, how ever this is one of those that could easily give that a run for it’s money! It holds a similar but more evolved sound given to us by the Yorkshire goth metallers. A more hard hitting industrial version is what Lord of the Lost present us with but still keeping a certain bit of feeling and charm the original song provided.
The next song in the que is a cover of “Turbo Lover” by metal giants Judas Priest who have heavily influence the band in the past, as explained by the band when I saw them at KK’s Steel Mill in Wolverhampton. The sound of this song is completely different to the original with LOTL throwing in their unquie style to produce something that you would not expect to work but it really does.
This album shows that LORD OF THE LOST is a force to be reckoned with abilities to take any song from any genre and convert it into the sound we know the band for. This album seriously has something for everyone. Even those who are not into metal or industrial I think will be bopping along to the uplifting style they provide us with. This is also a proven point as my mother in law who is not a fan the metal genre, is even a fan of the band (Hi Karen).
Lord of the Lost continue to get stronger and stronger and won’t be a band going away any time soon.
The new album available world wide on December 29th 2023 will be available in various formats
– 3 CD Boxset, incl 2 CD 6 pages Digisleeve (Ltd Deluxe Edition) and CD 3 incl 10 acoustic songs, exclusively available in the Deluxe Box + pink Sweatband with black logo, sharped patch and sticker – Napalm Records Mailorder and LORDSHOP exclusive – strictly limited to 1000 copies worldwide
– 2 LP RECYCLED COLOR Vinyl – Die Hard Edition incl Slipmat, record butler and 12 inch booklet – Napalm Records Mailorder exclusive – strictly limited to 300 copies worldwide
– 2 LP RECYCLED COLOR Vinyl incl 12 inch booklet – LORDSHOP exclusive – strictly limited to 300 copies worldwide
– 2LP Gatefold RECYCLED BLACK Vinyl
– 2 CD 6 pages Digisleeve (Ltd Deluxe Edition), 12p booklet
– 1 CD 6 pages Digisleeve, 12p booklet
– Cassette (PINK w/ Black print) – Napalm Records Mailorder and LORDSHOP exclusive – strictly limited to 300 copies worldwide
– Digital Album
1 Shock To The System (Billy Idol Cover)
2 Unstoppable (Sia Cover)
3 Smalltown Boy (Bronski Beat Cover)
4 Turbo Lover (Judas Priest Cover)
5 Hymn (Ultravox Cover)
6 Give In To Me (Michael Jackson Cover)
7 River (Bishop Briggs Cover)
8 Somewhere Only We Know (Keane Cover)
9 (I Just) Died In Your Arms (Cutting Crew Cover feat. Anica Russo)
10 High (Zella Day Cover)
11 House On A Hill (The Pretty Reckless Cover)
I would give this album a solid 10/10 because it is just faultless!